You’ve sent out the email invites, put a link on your web site and even made a post on your company blog. That’s plenty of promotion for your upcoming event, right? Not anymore! Lately, I hear more and more event planners becoming increasingly frustrated with event marketing in the web 2.0 landscape. Given the current economy, even savvy event planners are struggling to find sponsors and speakers. Below I will illuminate some best practices for event marketing with a particular focus on Internet marketing and online promotion.
1. Strategic Content: What’s the difference between regular content, relevant content, strategic content?
2. Fresh Content: Why does fresh content help my Google Rankings?
3. Life Streaming: What is life streaming and how can it help my business?
4. Video: Why does video help my rankings?
5. Links = Votes For Your Site: What are the best kinds of links and how do they help rankings?
6. Xobni www.xobni.com: Why do I need this social media tool for Outlook?
7. Yoono: http://yoono.com/: Why do I need this social media tool for Firefox?
MORE QUALITY INBOUND LINKS = HIGHER PAGE RANK = BETTER RANKS IN GOOGLE
WHAT IS GOOGLE PAGE RANK?: It’s Google’s measure of the quality of a web page – 1-10. 10 being best. Want to your page rank for your site? Simply download the Google Tool bar. The PageRank of a particular page is roughly based upon the quantity of inbound links as well as the PageRank of the pages providing the links. In essence, Google interprets a link from page A to page B as a vote, by page A, for page B. But, Google looks at more than the sheer volume of votes, or links a page receives; it also analyzes the page that casts the vote. Votes cast by pages that are themselves “important” weigh more heavily and help to make other pages “important”.
*Think of your website as a bucket filled with “link juice”. Think of your outbound links as holes in that bucket.
7 Ways To Get Google Rankings For Your Web Site
1. Press Release
* Write a Press Release around target keywords each Month and submit it to the top 20 Article Marketing Web Sites
2. Keyword Rich Article Library
* Install (10+) SEO Articles(Optimized & Keyword Rich) on your web site and update your site maps (XML + site map), develop 5 backlinks per week to each article using keyword anchor text
3. Social Networking
Each social site will have 2 modules on your topic and up to 3 links of your choosing. Promote via social bookmarking
* Create Squidoo lense and make 500 word post with target keywords each week
* Create Word Press Blog and make 500 word post with target keywords each week
* Create Facebook Page, add 5 colleagues per week, make 500 word post with target keywords each week
* Create Linked In, add 5 colleagues per week, make 500 word post with target keywords each week
* Create Twitter, add 5 colleagues per week, make post with target keywords each day
* Create Myspace, add 5 colleagues per week, make 500 word post with target keywords each week
* Create Hubpages and make 500 word post with target keywords each week
4. Video Marketing Links
* Create a weekly powerpoint video around a niche keyword and post to video sharing sites with targeted keywords, targeted description. Upload to Youtube channel, Google videos, Yahoo videos, Vimeo, Blip.tv, Live Video Sharing Sites.
5. Blog Commenting Links & Forum Commenting Links
* Find various high PR blogs related to your niche, and make a helpful comment with target keywords
* Find various high PR forums related to your niche, and make a helpful comment with target keywords
6. RSS Directories
* Submit all RSS Feeds to RSS Directories each week
7. Other SEO Activities:
* Research and Sort a list of highly targeted ‘niche’ keywords
* Study competitors strategy to uncover ideas
Monthly Site Health Check Up Analysis
* Examine Google Web Master Tools
* Examine Google Analytics
* Provide Advice and Suggestions for OnSite SEO.
Weekly Rank Report
*Send a weekly rank report based on the desired target keywords
These free SEO tips are meant as a primer for a broader internet marketing strategy designed to increase web site traffic. The truth is that many webmasters consider search engine optimization to be outside of their area of expertise, and way too complicated to implement on their site. And while that may be true — search engine optimization is a vast professional field — it doesn’t mean that search engine optimization is outside of their grasp. To increase web site traffic utilizing search engine optimization, a company doesn’t need to break the bank. Many search engine optimization professionals work with clients to develop a strategy that not only fits their goals but their budget. If these free SEO tips seem reasonable, then perhaps your site could benefit from professional search engine optimization.
About the Search Engine Pros:
Increase web site traffic with these free SEO tips! The Search Engine Pros is a Santa Barbara, California-based internet marketing consultancy specializing in pay per click advertising, email advertising, search engine optimization, and SEM.